Sunday, March 15, 2009

Getting more read this month!

So far, I've read A Spoonful of Poison, the latest Agatha Raisin novel by M.C. Beaton. It was okay, not one of her best. I'm still on the waiting list for Death of a Witch, the newest Hamish story!

Yesterday I finished Fifty Acres and a Poodle, by Jeanne Marie Laskas. She used to have a column in the Washington Post that I loved called Significant Others. I was disappointed when she quit! This book is about Laskas buying the farm she dreamed of having as a child. It's funny and heartwarming. I plan on checking out her other books soon.

I have started reading two books for this week: Death from the Skies! by Philip Plait, and Take the Cannoli by Sarah Vowell. Death is a scary but occasionally humorous look at the ways our planet is doomed. No getting around it, the universe is a scary place, and it will all end someday...kind of reminds us how unique and, um...rather insignificant we are! Take...is humorist Vowell's look at American life. She's a fabulous storyteller, and I will definitely look for her other books (this is an early one). I should finish these two books this week, bringing me to a grand total of...seven books for 2009. Ugh. I need to get back into my reading!


No comments: