Friday, June 13, 2008

Four more books, plus one I forgot!

Now I'm up to 26 books for the year. During my vacation last week, I managed to read four books! I'm completely hooked on the Hamish Macbeth stories. I read Death of a Gossip, Death of a Snob, and Death of a Cad. Cad was the best of the three. I actually had no clue about the murderer's identity until almost the very end!

I also picked up the Torchwood novel The Twilight Streets. It was okay. A very interesting premise, with glimpses into possible futures- but the dark vs. light aliens plot was a bit hokey. I'm still looking for the other two recent novels.

Finally, I had another book that I'd read earlier this year and forgot to list! Weird Virginia- part of the "Weird" travel guide series about odd and forgotten places in the world. There's a lot of stuff in Virginia I've never heard of...and it might be fun to take day trips to find them. I hope to read Weird USA, Weird New York, and Weird Kentucky sometime. I also hope there will be a Weird Colorado! Weird New Jersey has two volumes. Wow. I always knew New Jersey had a lot of weirdness in it...



I should be up to thirty books by the end of next week! I have four more M.C. Beaton Hamish stories to read, plus I'm almost done with Post Captain.

No comments: