Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I'm up to 35!

I've read seven books in the past ten days- all of them Hamish Macbeth!

They were all good:

Death of a Scriptwriter

Death of a Prankster

Death of a Bore

Death of a Celebrity

Death of a Nag

Death of a Village

and I just finished Death of a Perfect Wife.

Death of a Scriptwriter was my favorite, I think. I wonder if M.C. Beaton was thinking of the Hamish Macbeth television series when she wrote it (it came out a year or so after the show was over)? I loved the show, but aside from Hamish himself, the episodes really didn't follow the books much. I doubt she was upset by the changes like the author in Scriptwriter was!

I figured out the killer in Death of a Nag early on...and I didn't want the killer to be who it was. Beaton is so good in creating characters that keep you guessing!

Death of a Bore was not my favorite of the lot. It had another murder victim I just couldn't feel sorry for!

I have eleven more Hamish books on my shelf waiting to be read. I'll read them all, then I want to start the Agatha Raisin series. Before I read those, though, I have Wings of the Dove (still haven't read it!) and Middlemarch to read.


I think I should revise my goal to 75 books for the year...

No comments: